RICS Building Survey
An RICS Full Building Survey (survey level three) is our most comprehensive form of residential building survey.
It is a thorough inspection of the structure and fabric of the property. This form of inspection allows us to provide you with a greater level of detail than is contained in a HomeBuyer Report, so you will have all of the required information to confidently make your decision to purchase your chosen property.
Whilst an RICS Building Survey can be carried out for any type of residential property, it is essential if you are intending to purchase:
- A large, older or run-down property; or
- A building that is unusual or has been altered; or
- You are planning to do major works once you own the property.
This level of service consists of a detailed visual inspection of the property, its services and the grounds. As it is more extensive than a HomeBuyer Report, it includes:
- A description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws
- An outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity
- Advice for your solicitor and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions; and
- A description of the type of construction, materials used, the condition and an assessment of the relative importance for you of any defects or problems that we identify.
In addition, our survey report will:
- Describe for you any risk that we identify as a result of potential or hidden defects in areas that we have not inspected
- Explain the most likely cause(s) of the defects we have identified based on the inspection
- Outline the likely scope of any appropriate remedial work and explain the likely consequences of not doing those works
- Provide you with our recommendations for prioritising and the likely timescale for completing any necessary work
- Identify and describe the legal implications of ownership in detail; and
- Give an indication of likely costs for those works.
For further information or a free no obligation quote please contact a member of our team on 0191 260 2222 or 0191 384 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be delighted to undertake your survey. We love to talk but if you require a no obligation quote before speaking with us then click the button below and fill in a quick form.